Skip to main content

Fit Challenge

My wonderful, loving, older sister convinced me to join a Fitness Challenge group. Its 45 days and here are the requirements:
 
1) Commitment to working out 5-6 times a week, either with a program of your choice (preferred - there is no wondering what to do with one of those!) or your own gym program. If you choose the gym program, I will ask you to state clearly what you are doing for the entire 45 days.
 
2) Commitment to better nutrition. Ideally this is partly in the form of Shakeology, a super high-quality protein shake - if you are drinking these daily, then I know you are getting one really amazing-for-you meal that you don't have to think about. But there will be other goals too!
 
3) Commitment to cheering on your fellow participants. We usually meet on Facebook, but if you are not on Facebook we can do it via email. Facebook is fun because of the sheer variety of motivation! The group on Facebook is SECRET, which means only the people in the group know it even exists.

Prizes:
Getting in better shape. Everyone wins this one!
Person who has the most points will win a $10 gift card to Amazon, Target, or a $10 check for a Beachbody product!
Anyone who brings in another person to the challenge will win 2 $5 gift cards to the coffee shop of their choice, assuming I can get those cards online!
 
I am committing to 3 days/week of the Couch-to-5K program, either outside with the stroller or at the gym. (Just 2 more weeks til I can take Canon with me!) The other 2-3 days will be Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD. With the weather and the one car situation, I might be heavy on Jillian until the weather warms up and I can consistently jog outside, but I'm fine with that. Her DVDs are hard. 
My commitment to nutrition will be eating strictly Paleo during  the weekdays and giving myself a little leeway on the weekends, but not blowing it. 
 
I've set myself up an excel sheet to record all that I eat along with my workout for that day. I'm really hoping with the Facebook motivation and not wanting to let my group down that I'll make it through the entire 45 days. 

It'd be nice to give regular updates on the blog, but we all know I often promise consistent postings and then tend to drop the ball, so we'll see. But encouragement is always welcome!!

If anyone is interested in joining in, let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going public

Well...there is not really any other way to say this but... Aaron and I are having a BABY! Yep, Baby Schultz should be arriving this Labor Day. We could not be more thrilled about the news! Once we got through the 12-week ultrasound, which is what this picture is from, we were ready to spread the news! I know there are still lots of people who should have gotten phone calls, and for that I apologize that you are finding out now, but I was just ready to get it out there! And now I will answer the questions that typically follow up this kind of announcement. 1. Were you trying? Well....not exactly. From the beginning I have felt pretty strongly that we were not in control of this whole baby-making situation. I have known many women who got pregnant on birth control, or when they didn't even know they could, and those who "planned" it and then it has taken longer than hoped. I've just always been pretty sure that when the Lord determined we were ready, He'd

spill about your LOVE link-up

I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures today for this fun little questionnaire!  {1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband/boyfriend/fiance. I had 2 serious relationships before meeting Aaron, one in high school (as serious as that can be, ha!) and one in college. Before meeting Aaron, I had been single for about 3 1/2 years. {2} Describe your husband/boyfriend/fiance in one word. How would he describe you in one word?   The word I always use to describe Aaron is steady. He is the calm to my crazy. Also, is faith is the most consistent and steadfast I've ever seen. He says to describe me in 1 word is too hard.  {3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about? Our most frequent fight is over the dishes. And that seems silly to me.  {4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years. Surrounded by family and friends, probably with another child, in a house with a front porch

mid-month confessions

Y'all. I am SO excited for the return of mid-month confessions!! Elizabeth, over at Teaching Sam & Scout , used to do mid-week confessions that I linked up for a couple of times before her original blog shut down. Since starting at a new space and kind of rebranding herself, she's decided to get them going again, but once a month instead of once a week. AND she's partnered up with one of my best girls from Clemson, Heather! I'm really looking forward to this link-up each month! - First, I have to say, today was just one of those days, so this might be brief. - On Sunday, our youngest child, Ben (4 weeks) spit up straight into the mouth of our friend Geoff who was holding him. Yes, possibly more embarrassing for Geoff, but I felt terrible!   - When I wrote our family goals for 2015 on the blog, I purposefully left off one thing; brush Canon's teeth once a day. YES, I know. We're terrible and haven't quite worked it into our routines yet so