Skip to main content

because of Casey...the story of how I met Jimmy Fallon

Last Monday and Tuesday, my sister, mom and I had the pleasure of driving to New York to spend time with my sister's best friend, Casey. And when I say "sister's best friend", I mean, I don't have memories without Casey in them they've been best friends for so long. Her family is the family we have done holidays and vacations with forever and they really are an extension of our family.

Casey is an actress and was in New York publicizing her new show, Marry Me, which airs at 9pm on NBC.
If you haven't already, set your TVs & DVRs to watch her,especially tonight since this is the week the ratings really count!!

The show premiered last Tuesday, so she was scheduled for Jimmy Fallon on Monday afternoon, then the Today Show on Tuesday morning before she was flying back to LA. There was a "prop" she used for Fallon that she needed from her dad's in Alexandria, so we were more than glad to load it into Amanda's car and head out! 

Ready to go! (Canon didn't come, he just wanted to wait and see MoMo before heading to daycare)

Our first stop was to drop off the prop - which was a large portrait of her father. It was all very official, driving down a closed road to 30 Rockefeller, showing our ID's to get into the garage and dropping it off with the Fallon people.

Pulling into the city and once we got in our beautiful hotel room! 

After a quick walk in the city to get some NYC pizza, we had to get back to get ready for our evening! We walked down to 30 Rock and had instructions to go to Guest Services to pick up our passes. Our passes allowed us to bypass the line of audience members waiting to get in and head straight up to Studio 6B! And behind us we even spotted Drew Scott from HGTV's Property Brothers!
It was quite the rush of people walking around and getting ready, but we found Casey's dressing room with no problems. It was so good to see her and watch her get prepared. I can't say enough about how nice everyone was!

All dressed up for Fallon Casey! 


I made it pretty clear that I love Jimmy Fallon and really wanted to see him in person. Then, as we were being led out of her room, I literally ran right into him! He was coming in to see Casey and had already started his "Hey Casey!!...." when he got me instead, haha! I got a hug and some banter about how "I" (Casey) had dyed my hair, then I quickly moved out of the way so they could chat. But first, let me take a selfie! 
Seriously, I still can't even believe it! It lasted all of 10 seconds, but I'll remember it always! 

Casey was absolutely hilarious! Check out her segment...

She even has herself quite the fan, as QuestLove, drummer for the Roots, 
asked to take a picture with her!

We're so proud of her! After Fallon we enjoyed a delicious meal at Quality Meats and then headed home to rest! Casey had an early morning appearance on the Today Show Tuesday that she had to be up and ready for. Mom and I slept in, a little, then leisurely walked over to see the outside of the Today Show before heading into the studio. Flordia Georgia Line was performing as we walked up!I will say, for both Fallon and the Today Show, they do a great job with set design. Every room was so much smaller than it looks on TV!



Once again, Casey looked fabulous and had Natalie, Tamryn and Al laughing throughout! At the end, Al even commented on her own personal "laugh track" that she had brought with her and the camera panned and got a shot of us! This was the text I got from my friend Meg and Avery right after!  

Hey MoMo!

I will say, it wasn't just us laughing though, a few producers from NBC were there laughing just as much as we were!

One last picture in the dressing room before leaving

It was the best 2 days! Casey has a had quite a few events in NYC over the years, from SNL to the premiere of BrideWars and the Killers, that my mom and sister had been able to attend, but it was (obviously) my first time being behind the scenes. I am grateful that Casey let me come and take so many pictures! 

I, of course, can't say enough about Casey as a person, or an actress. She is extremely talented and very normal. I think it says a lot that she has maintained not only a friendship with my sister through 20+ years, but multiple women from high school and college. So again, because its my blog and I can say it, turn your TVs tonight (Tuesday) to NBC at 9pm for MARRY ME!

It's probably worth mentioning that her real life husband, David, is the creator of the show! We love you too David! 



Comments

  1. Perfect.

    Love reading this about all of ypu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously the coolest. And since I'm as obsessed with the Today Show as you are with Jimmy Fallon, I'm dying that you got to go behind stage! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

going public

Well...there is not really any other way to say this but... Aaron and I are having a BABY! Yep, Baby Schultz should be arriving this Labor Day. We could not be more thrilled about the news! Once we got through the 12-week ultrasound, which is what this picture is from, we were ready to spread the news! I know there are still lots of people who should have gotten phone calls, and for that I apologize that you are finding out now, but I was just ready to get it out there! And now I will answer the questions that typically follow up this kind of announcement. 1. Were you trying? Well....not exactly. From the beginning I have felt pretty strongly that we were not in control of this whole baby-making situation. I have known many women who got pregnant on birth control, or when they didn't even know they could, and those who "planned" it and then it has taken longer than hoped. I've just always been pretty sure that when the Lord determined we were ready, He'd

spill about your LOVE link-up

I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures today for this fun little questionnaire!  {1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband/boyfriend/fiance. I had 2 serious relationships before meeting Aaron, one in high school (as serious as that can be, ha!) and one in college. Before meeting Aaron, I had been single for about 3 1/2 years. {2} Describe your husband/boyfriend/fiance in one word. How would he describe you in one word?   The word I always use to describe Aaron is steady. He is the calm to my crazy. Also, is faith is the most consistent and steadfast I've ever seen. He says to describe me in 1 word is too hard.  {3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about? Our most frequent fight is over the dishes. And that seems silly to me.  {4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years. Surrounded by family and friends, probably with another child, in a house with a front porch

mid-month confessions

Y'all. I am SO excited for the return of mid-month confessions!! Elizabeth, over at Teaching Sam & Scout , used to do mid-week confessions that I linked up for a couple of times before her original blog shut down. Since starting at a new space and kind of rebranding herself, she's decided to get them going again, but once a month instead of once a week. AND she's partnered up with one of my best girls from Clemson, Heather! I'm really looking forward to this link-up each month! - First, I have to say, today was just one of those days, so this might be brief. - On Sunday, our youngest child, Ben (4 weeks) spit up straight into the mouth of our friend Geoff who was holding him. Yes, possibly more embarrassing for Geoff, but I felt terrible!   - When I wrote our family goals for 2015 on the blog, I purposefully left off one thing; brush Canon's teeth once a day. YES, I know. We're terrible and haven't quite worked it into our routines yet so