Skip to main content

getting ready

The countdown is on....well, let's be honest, it has been on! Only 17 more days til this little one's due date! Overall, I am feeling pretty good. We went to the doctor this past Tuesday and confirmed that this boy is still carrying super high, so much so they thought he might be breech! But after a quick ultrasound that suspicion was thrown out, thankfully! He just hasn't dropped yet. And as much as I'd love to get this little guy out into the world and meet him, we're not quite ready yet. I've got lists going of what we still need to do in the house and what we still need to buy. I'm telling you, this nesting instinct is real! We did paint last weekend, which has really made a huge difference! I took a few pictures with my phone of what we've got going on so far in the nursery that I thought would be fun to share!


 I got this dresser from someone's lawn about a year ago. It used to live in our kitchen, but will now be for changing and clothes! It has really served us well! Aaron is going to paint the front of the drawers this weekend so I can start organizing all his clothes into them! 


 This crib is eventually going to go against this wall. However, because we're just in a 2 bedroom, we're setting up an air mattress for our moms to stay and putting baby boy in our room for the first month or so. 


 There is a lot in that closet that needs to come out and be organized!! 


This is one of only like 3 pictures I took from a baby shower that Ashley gave me this past weekend. It was so nice and so fun to catch up with school friends and bible study girls that I hadn't seen in a while. She made the bunting from scrapbook paper and we're planning on putting it above the dresser or crib. And then over whichever we don't hang that, we're going to frame more of the paper make a little gallery wall! She got a great pack that will match perfectly! 

 
 This might be my favorite picture of all time. My friend Lauren from Clemson sewed us that blanket all by herself! Ashley and Alex gave us the canvas. And I love my chair. I feel like this picture really was the beginning of my decor for the nursery, and it is going to come together great! Thanks to both of you!

So, that is where we are. We still need to do lots, but it is starting to be very, very real!!!! I can't for the finished product!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

going public

Well...there is not really any other way to say this but... Aaron and I are having a BABY! Yep, Baby Schultz should be arriving this Labor Day. We could not be more thrilled about the news! Once we got through the 12-week ultrasound, which is what this picture is from, we were ready to spread the news! I know there are still lots of people who should have gotten phone calls, and for that I apologize that you are finding out now, but I was just ready to get it out there! And now I will answer the questions that typically follow up this kind of announcement. 1. Were you trying? Well....not exactly. From the beginning I have felt pretty strongly that we were not in control of this whole baby-making situation. I have known many women who got pregnant on birth control, or when they didn't even know they could, and those who "planned" it and then it has taken longer than hoped. I've just always been pretty sure that when the Lord determined we were ready, He'd

spill about your LOVE link-up

I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures today for this fun little questionnaire!  {1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband/boyfriend/fiance. I had 2 serious relationships before meeting Aaron, one in high school (as serious as that can be, ha!) and one in college. Before meeting Aaron, I had been single for about 3 1/2 years. {2} Describe your husband/boyfriend/fiance in one word. How would he describe you in one word?   The word I always use to describe Aaron is steady. He is the calm to my crazy. Also, is faith is the most consistent and steadfast I've ever seen. He says to describe me in 1 word is too hard.  {3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about? Our most frequent fight is over the dishes. And that seems silly to me.  {4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years. Surrounded by family and friends, probably with another child, in a house with a front porch

mid-month confessions

Y'all. I am SO excited for the return of mid-month confessions!! Elizabeth, over at Teaching Sam & Scout , used to do mid-week confessions that I linked up for a couple of times before her original blog shut down. Since starting at a new space and kind of rebranding herself, she's decided to get them going again, but once a month instead of once a week. AND she's partnered up with one of my best girls from Clemson, Heather! I'm really looking forward to this link-up each month! - First, I have to say, today was just one of those days, so this might be brief. - On Sunday, our youngest child, Ben (4 weeks) spit up straight into the mouth of our friend Geoff who was holding him. Yes, possibly more embarrassing for Geoff, but I felt terrible!   - When I wrote our family goals for 2015 on the blog, I purposefully left off one thing; brush Canon's teeth once a day. YES, I know. We're terrible and haven't quite worked it into our routines yet so