Skip to main content

double digits






 Yep, that's right. This guy is 10 weeks old today! And yes, I am fully aware that I skipped 8 & 9 weeks. Sorry! We were clearly super busy. Actually, we were home in Virginia for week 8, so that is my excuse for that one. As for last week...well I just didn't get it done.
Anyway, the past few weeks have been really fun. Someone described having a baby to me as being under water, trying to swim toward the surface. I feel like somewhere around week 8 we finally broke through and got some air! As you hopefully saw in the October pictures, he is full of smiles! I get them a lot through out the day. He loves his play mat and looking up at all the animals, but every once and I while I'll catch up with his head turned sideways, looking at seemingly nothing, with the biggest grin on his face!
He has certainly become more aware of when he is not happy though, and most definitely lets us know! I've especially figured out his "I'm tired" cry. Oh, and he spits up like crazy! Most of the time he hardly even notices, or kind of laughs afterwards, but I'm talking like an hour after he eats he'll be in the swing and it will just come rushing out of his mouth. I'm not sure he even notices. So, we've resorted to wearing bibs after he eats for a while. Its easier to change a bib than to change an entire outfit!

I know I say this all the time, but we're still working on sleeping. A few weeks ago we were getting some 8-2, 8-3, sleeps, but I just can't recreate those to save my life! If we aren't out, there is no way I can keep him up past like 6 or 7, but then he wants to wake up around 11 or 12. So, my big question for you parents out there who say your baby was sleeping 9pm-7am (or some variation of) around this time....when did they sleep before that?? Were they awake from like 6-9, or was that just the last feeding of the night? Y'all know I've been reading that book, but I think real life experience will help me out a little more.
We're currently trying to put him down with a last feeding between 7 and 7:30, but for instance, last night he went down around 6:30 (I was at the gym, hooray!) so when I got home I showered and fed him around 7:15 and back down around 7:45. Then he woke up at 11! Aaron thankfully put him back down, but then he was up to eat again at 1am and at 4am.

Advice is welcome!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going public

Well...there is not really any other way to say this but... Aaron and I are having a BABY! Yep, Baby Schultz should be arriving this Labor Day. We could not be more thrilled about the news! Once we got through the 12-week ultrasound, which is what this picture is from, we were ready to spread the news! I know there are still lots of people who should have gotten phone calls, and for that I apologize that you are finding out now, but I was just ready to get it out there! And now I will answer the questions that typically follow up this kind of announcement. 1. Were you trying? Well....not exactly. From the beginning I have felt pretty strongly that we were not in control of this whole baby-making situation. I have known many women who got pregnant on birth control, or when they didn't even know they could, and those who "planned" it and then it has taken longer than hoped. I've just always been pretty sure that when the Lord determined we were ready, He'd

spill about your LOVE link-up

I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures today for this fun little questionnaire!  {1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband/boyfriend/fiance. I had 2 serious relationships before meeting Aaron, one in high school (as serious as that can be, ha!) and one in college. Before meeting Aaron, I had been single for about 3 1/2 years. {2} Describe your husband/boyfriend/fiance in one word. How would he describe you in one word?   The word I always use to describe Aaron is steady. He is the calm to my crazy. Also, is faith is the most consistent and steadfast I've ever seen. He says to describe me in 1 word is too hard.  {3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about? Our most frequent fight is over the dishes. And that seems silly to me.  {4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years. Surrounded by family and friends, probably with another child, in a house with a front porch

mid-month confessions

Y'all. I am SO excited for the return of mid-month confessions!! Elizabeth, over at Teaching Sam & Scout , used to do mid-week confessions that I linked up for a couple of times before her original blog shut down. Since starting at a new space and kind of rebranding herself, she's decided to get them going again, but once a month instead of once a week. AND she's partnered up with one of my best girls from Clemson, Heather! I'm really looking forward to this link-up each month! - First, I have to say, today was just one of those days, so this might be brief. - On Sunday, our youngest child, Ben (4 weeks) spit up straight into the mouth of our friend Geoff who was holding him. Yes, possibly more embarrassing for Geoff, but I felt terrible!   - When I wrote our family goals for 2015 on the blog, I purposefully left off one thing; brush Canon's teeth once a day. YES, I know. We're terrible and haven't quite worked it into our routines yet so