Skip to main content

His and Hers

Aaron has officially started his second year of seminary! To commemorate, I thought I'd paste the answers to some questions we were both recently asked. A way to get an idea of both sides of our life right now.

My answers:
How did you spend your summer? We had the best summer! Aaron took Hebrew in June and July, and I had my first summer as a stay at home mom. We went to the beach, pool, the library, visited Chicago and came to Alexandria twice!! 

What are you most looking forward to (in your 2nd year at Seminary)? The “cloud” over the 2nd year is getting ready for our vicarage. We’ll meet with the placement director in October and will find out the location in April! So there will be lots of hypothetical conversations, wishlists and prayers leading up to that! 
Otherwise, I’m excited that we’ll be just minutes away from our church and school. I hope to get our whole family to matins more weekdays than not and Canon will begin a first communion class this fall. I’m looking forward to diving deeper with my friendships here and putting together a PTL for Canon’s School, Redeemer Classical. 

Can you give us a glimpse of a "day-in-the-life" for you this fall? Canon goes to school from 8:30-12 and I hope to take the whole family to matins at the beginning of his school days. Then the younger 3 and I try to do an outing before picking him up, such as the YMCA, library, seminary, or playgrounds. We try to also attend Chapel at the Sem with Aaron on Tuesdays. Then we all come home for lunch and naps and more playtime. Aaron is awesome and comes home around 4:30 each day and spends time with the boys. Then it’s dinner and bedtime! As a new stay at home mom, it’s the dream!! 

How can the ILS community pray for you? That we’ll be present in this second year, and not let the unknown of vicarage and that process overshadow all that we have going on right now!! 

His answers:
How did you spend your summer?  I spent the majority of my summer learning Hebrew, the original language of the Old Testament, at seminary.  I've also done some preaching at several LCMS churches over the summer, including ILC in May.  Perhaps most importantly, I've been able to make it to a few baseball games.  

What are you most looking forward to (in your 2nd year at Seminary/)?  I'm really loving "seminary life".  Not only do I get to learn theology from some of the best theologians in the world, but Concordia Theological Seminary has a terrific environment for families.  Katie and my boys have all acclimated well to life in Fort Wayne.  

Can you give us a glimpse of a "day-in-the-life" for you this fall?  I'll have a pretty full class schedule this Fall, especially on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  My classes this Fall are: Liturgics, Homiletics, Greek Readings, Dogmatics, and Pentateuch.  I'll also teach weekly at Canon's school, Redeemer Classical School.  I'm an early-riser, and so I prefer getting as much of my work done in the morning so that I can be with my family in the evenings.  

How can the ILS community pray for you?  Please pray that my family would continue to acclimate to "life in Fort Wayne"; that Canon would do well in school, academically and socially; our finances; that I'd allow the Lord to continue to develop me into the type of pastor He wants me to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going public

Well...there is not really any other way to say this but... Aaron and I are having a BABY! Yep, Baby Schultz should be arriving this Labor Day. We could not be more thrilled about the news! Once we got through the 12-week ultrasound, which is what this picture is from, we were ready to spread the news! I know there are still lots of people who should have gotten phone calls, and for that I apologize that you are finding out now, but I was just ready to get it out there! And now I will answer the questions that typically follow up this kind of announcement. 1. Were you trying? Well....not exactly. From the beginning I have felt pretty strongly that we were not in control of this whole baby-making situation. I have known many women who got pregnant on birth control, or when they didn't even know they could, and those who "planned" it and then it has taken longer than hoped. I've just always been pretty sure that when the Lord determined we were ready, He'd

marriage getaway

As promised, I'm back to talk about the wonderful weekend Aaron and I had in Estes Park, CO. It was the first weekend in November and we are so happy we went! A little background of how we got there. I lead a Bible Study through the college ministry of First Pres. Boulder and early in October my girls and I went to a women's ministry night on Transitions. It was pretty great, considering I am in a huge transition right now! At the end of the night a woman stood up and mentioned she had a free registration gift for any engaged or married woman for this weekend. Well, you know I was jumping up and down in my seat! I practically raced over to her once she sat down and told her how much I would love to go! We chatted for a bit and she gave me the gift! The gift was worth about $350 for registration, but we had to pay for our hotel and food. I'll tell you what though, if we ever get to a point when we can just pay the entire trip, we will. It was that good. There were 10

mid-month confessions

Y'all. I am SO excited for the return of mid-month confessions!! Elizabeth, over at Teaching Sam & Scout , used to do mid-week confessions that I linked up for a couple of times before her original blog shut down. Since starting at a new space and kind of rebranding herself, she's decided to get them going again, but once a month instead of once a week. AND she's partnered up with one of my best girls from Clemson, Heather! I'm really looking forward to this link-up each month! - First, I have to say, today was just one of those days, so this might be brief. - On Sunday, our youngest child, Ben (4 weeks) spit up straight into the mouth of our friend Geoff who was holding him. Yes, possibly more embarrassing for Geoff, but I felt terrible!   - When I wrote our family goals for 2015 on the blog, I purposefully left off one thing; brush Canon's teeth once a day. YES, I know. We're terrible and haven't quite worked it into our routines yet so