Skip to main content

Fall in Indiana

We have officially been here for 5 months now and I have to admit, it has been a great first (almost) half a year! A pretty quick run-down of life over the last few months.

* June 11th Aaron started his Summer Greek class with about 18 other first year seminary students. That ran for 10 weeks and ended mid-August. He passed with an A!
* Towards the end of June I started working as the Office Admin at Lutheran South Unity School. At that point, all 3 boys were in daycare/summer camp at Mt. Calvary Lutheran Preschool.
* We spent most of the summer getting acclimated to our new home, playing at the Y outdoor pool, grilling and eating dinner outside and getting to know a few of the other seminary families

In September, Canon turned 6 and started his new school, Redeemer Classical. This school just opened last year and has been a great fit for him! There are just 9 kids (so far!) who range from 6-9 years old and most of them are boys. We're so glad there is a classical option for him to continue!
Aaron also started his first full quarter of classes right after Labor Day. It took a little more adjusting to a new schedule with a bigger workload, but Aaron is a rock star and has so far done a great job of balancing school work with being here with our family.
I would say the biggest factor in feeling settled and happy here (with the exception of our house which I love because we finally have more than one bathroom and enough space for all of us!) are the people we have met. We're super fortunate that there are a good amount of "second career" seminary students in Aaron's class, many who also have kids around our kids ages. From dinners to pumpkin patches and trick-or-treating to help during solo-parenting weekends and super fun girls' nights, we've established a little group of friends that I am confident will help get us through these next few years.
And then there is church. First year students are assigned a field work church to attend and participate in their first two years. Field work placement is a big deal and there were lots of conversations between Aaron and I and also among the students over the summer and early September about where we would "want" our field work, even though we have no control over the assignment. We are very pleased that we were assigned Redeemer Lutheran, where Canon attends school (and Aaron also teaches once a week.) There are some great similarities between Redeemer and our home church Immanuel, and also some big differences. Redeemer describes its worship as formal, reverent and distinctively Lutheran. Honestly, both Aaron and I feel a little intimidated to be in such a well regarded congregation - there is SO much to observe and learn, but even in the short time we've been there, our faiths have been challenged and deepened. I can only imagine what more will come out of the next 2 years!
The boys have transitioned to life here extremely well. Canon and Ben have become (mostly) great playmates. Sam has FINALLY started walking. It only took close to 17 months! He had tubes put in his ears at the end of October in hopes of relieving the many ear infections he has had since June.
 So, that is a little bit of life since we moved, leading up to our biggest change yet, our 4th baby boy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going public

Well...there is not really any other way to say this but... Aaron and I are having a BABY! Yep, Baby Schultz should be arriving this Labor Day. We could not be more thrilled about the news! Once we got through the 12-week ultrasound, which is what this picture is from, we were ready to spread the news! I know there are still lots of people who should have gotten phone calls, and for that I apologize that you are finding out now, but I was just ready to get it out there! And now I will answer the questions that typically follow up this kind of announcement. 1. Were you trying? Well....not exactly. From the beginning I have felt pretty strongly that we were not in control of this whole baby-making situation. I have known many women who got pregnant on birth control, or when they didn't even know they could, and those who "planned" it and then it has taken longer than hoped. I've just always been pretty sure that when the Lord determined we were ready, He'd

spill about your LOVE link-up

I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures today for this fun little questionnaire!  {1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband/boyfriend/fiance. I had 2 serious relationships before meeting Aaron, one in high school (as serious as that can be, ha!) and one in college. Before meeting Aaron, I had been single for about 3 1/2 years. {2} Describe your husband/boyfriend/fiance in one word. How would he describe you in one word?   The word I always use to describe Aaron is steady. He is the calm to my crazy. Also, is faith is the most consistent and steadfast I've ever seen. He says to describe me in 1 word is too hard.  {3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about? Our most frequent fight is over the dishes. And that seems silly to me.  {4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years. Surrounded by family and friends, probably with another child, in a house with a front porch

mid-month confessions

Y'all. I am SO excited for the return of mid-month confessions!! Elizabeth, over at Teaching Sam & Scout , used to do mid-week confessions that I linked up for a couple of times before her original blog shut down. Since starting at a new space and kind of rebranding herself, she's decided to get them going again, but once a month instead of once a week. AND she's partnered up with one of my best girls from Clemson, Heather! I'm really looking forward to this link-up each month! - First, I have to say, today was just one of those days, so this might be brief. - On Sunday, our youngest child, Ben (4 weeks) spit up straight into the mouth of our friend Geoff who was holding him. Yes, possibly more embarrassing for Geoff, but I felt terrible!   - When I wrote our family goals for 2015 on the blog, I purposefully left off one thing; brush Canon's teeth once a day. YES, I know. We're terrible and haven't quite worked it into our routines yet so