Skip to main content

post baby weight

Let's be honest, this is going to be about pre-baby weight too. See, even back in my high school rowing glory days, when I was working out 5 hours/day, I was still over weight. And it's not like I was sitting around eating a pint of ice cream each night after practice. Or a bag of potato chips, or anything extremely excessive. I still don't eat that way, yet it never seems to come off.
When I found out I was pregnant, I was at my heaviest. In fact, I was having conversations with my mom about financially helping me go to a weight loss clinic in Denver.
With Canon I gained probably about 40lbs. And the first two weeks post partum were awesome! I was nursing, my mom was there to make sure I had healthy snacks, and soon I only had about 10-15 more lbs to go. But, they never went. Slowly, I started putting them back on and eventually once I stopped nursing in Jan 2013, it was a lost cause. From October 2012 to February 2013, I gained 15 pounds. I stayed at that weight, about 20-25 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight until September/October of 2013 when I started working at the daycare. Being on my feet all day, as well as generally being happier, helped me lose about 15 of it. I felt good and I even braved a pair of pre-preggo jeans in early November!
With the return of a desk job, a big wedding to attend in May, and just generally wanting to be healthy and slim down, I re-installed MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun onto my phone. It's been about 3 weeks and I've probably had 10 good days and 5 terrible days. I've loaded my blog feed with inspiring women who have changed their lives. They all say the same thing - putting it all out there in public helps maintain accountability. It means I have to be responsible to someone for what I'm putting in my mouth. If I don't want to tell the world (or my loyal FB followers who clicked the link) that I had pop tarts at 8:30pm, then I shouldn't be eating them. If I say I'm going to run a 5k, well then I better post a race picture.
At least, that is how I'm hoping this will work.
So, my goal is simple, to record what foods I've had and how I've exercised. I hope to get more specific, obtainable goals soon, but this feels like a good step.

Also, I'm writing this quickly in my notes on my phone to post immediately before I back out. Be gracious to me. I'm so scared.

Comments

  1. You got this Katie!! I'm so impressed that you're putting it out there... That takes guts! Now you'll be one of those inspiring women that other people have on their blog feed. :) Good luck friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

going public

Well...there is not really any other way to say this but... Aaron and I are having a BABY! Yep, Baby Schultz should be arriving this Labor Day. We could not be more thrilled about the news! Once we got through the 12-week ultrasound, which is what this picture is from, we were ready to spread the news! I know there are still lots of people who should have gotten phone calls, and for that I apologize that you are finding out now, but I was just ready to get it out there! And now I will answer the questions that typically follow up this kind of announcement. 1. Were you trying? Well....not exactly. From the beginning I have felt pretty strongly that we were not in control of this whole baby-making situation. I have known many women who got pregnant on birth control, or when they didn't even know they could, and those who "planned" it and then it has taken longer than hoped. I've just always been pretty sure that when the Lord determined we were ready, He'd

spill about your LOVE link-up

I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures today for this fun little questionnaire!  {1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband/boyfriend/fiance. I had 2 serious relationships before meeting Aaron, one in high school (as serious as that can be, ha!) and one in college. Before meeting Aaron, I had been single for about 3 1/2 years. {2} Describe your husband/boyfriend/fiance in one word. How would he describe you in one word?   The word I always use to describe Aaron is steady. He is the calm to my crazy. Also, is faith is the most consistent and steadfast I've ever seen. He says to describe me in 1 word is too hard.  {3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about? Our most frequent fight is over the dishes. And that seems silly to me.  {4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years. Surrounded by family and friends, probably with another child, in a house with a front porch

mid-month confessions

Y'all. I am SO excited for the return of mid-month confessions!! Elizabeth, over at Teaching Sam & Scout , used to do mid-week confessions that I linked up for a couple of times before her original blog shut down. Since starting at a new space and kind of rebranding herself, she's decided to get them going again, but once a month instead of once a week. AND she's partnered up with one of my best girls from Clemson, Heather! I'm really looking forward to this link-up each month! - First, I have to say, today was just one of those days, so this might be brief. - On Sunday, our youngest child, Ben (4 weeks) spit up straight into the mouth of our friend Geoff who was holding him. Yes, possibly more embarrassing for Geoff, but I felt terrible!   - When I wrote our family goals for 2015 on the blog, I purposefully left off one thing; brush Canon's teeth once a day. YES, I know. We're terrible and haven't quite worked it into our routines yet so